Bethlehem, PA and Murska Sobota, Slovenia are Sister Cities. B/MSSCA takes great pride maintaining an active cultural partnership with our brothers and sisters in Murska Sobota and the surrounding areas of Slovenia.
Our journey began in 1995 as a dream of Stephan (Stefan) Antalics, our Founder, having grown into a Sister City membership approaching 200 members from all over the World.
Our organization is active in many ways including the:
- Student Exchange Program between Bethlehem and Murska Sobota;
- Book Purchase Program to purchase and ship necessary text books to Slovenian students;
- Spring (April) and Fall (November) Heritage Day programs include guest speakers;
- Independence Flag Raising celebration is held every June at Payrow Plaza followed with a luncheon and local musical entertainment in Bethlehem, PA;
- Fall Fund Raising Event (Sept/Oct) with luncheon and local musical entertainment;
- Arranging concerts and housing for Slovenian musicians/singers visiting Bethlehem;
- Assist with Banana Factory ArtsQuest Program in Bethlehem with the discovery and recognition of various Slovenian cultural contributions to people in America and Europe.
Our Mission is to maintain a cultural exchange program to promote our ethnic heritage within our communities. B/MSSCA continues to explore ways to enlighten those seeking connections to their Slovenian heritage. Our membership continues to grow into the 21st Century.
UPDATED on October 1, 2015